Dance Masala Juniors classes offers your child a complete Bollywood dance education! We believe in offering our students the complete experience – a dance syllabus that develops well-rounded, and confident young dancers. Dance choreography & technique is supplemented by lessons about Indian Culture, the cultural significance of certain dances, and personal development. From pure Bollywood Dhamaka, Folk Fusion, Semi-Classical and Bollywood Hip Hop & robotics – we do it all!
Our Brisbane classes are suitable for children of all ages and abilities – from beginners, to those with more experience. Our program builds upon each child’s skills as they progress through the year, encouraging their growth through progress reports, self-reflection and feedback. We absolutely love kids and want them to shine, while doing something they love. Read more about our teaching ethos here.
Term 1 commences at our venue Common Ground Studios in Newstead on Saturday the 27th of January and is a 10-week term!
Please note our 2018 timetable is not fully confirmed
‘Thumkas‘ age 3.5 – 6 with Nisha | 8:30am – 9:00am | Common Ground Studios, Newstead
‘Mini-Masalas‘ age 6-7 with Nisha & Elena | 9:00am – 10:00am | Common Ground Studios, Newstead
‘Teens’ age 13 – 17 with Drea & Elena | 10:00am – 11:00am | Common Ground Studios, Newstead
‘Juniors (JEP)‘ age 10 – 13 with Drea & Elena | 11:00am – 12:00pm | Common Ground Studios, Newstead
‘Rising Stars‘ age 8-10 with Drea & Elena | 12:00pm – 1:00pm | Common Ground Studios, Newstead
- A water bottle
- Clothes appropriate for dance, if skirts are worn, your child must wear leggings or bike pants underneath, no maxi skirts please – we need to be able to see your child’s alignment.
- A lined exercise book for theory (applicable to upper levels, from Mini-Masalas – JEP)
- Pencils, and an eraser
- Payals are optional if the routine is semi-classical
Venue: Common Ground Studios, 16 Proe Street, Newstead
Check out this amazing performances from our Juniors Classes!
Mini-Masalas group 1 age 6-7
Mini-Masalas group 2 age 6-7
Rising Stars age 8-9
Junior Emerging Performers (JEP)
Terms & Conditions of Payment
- – Payment is for your child’s nominated class only. All payments are non-refundable and nontransferable. We do not offer credits, or refunds if the student misses class.
- – If Dance Masala (in its absolute discretion) has to cancel a class, you will receive a credit for another class.
- – Parents and guardians are asked to keep a record of their payments and receipts.
- – Dance Masala reserve their right to use substitute instructors in the case of accident or illness (at the same rate).
- – Parents and guardians agree to purchase appropriate costumes and equipment for their child’s group as required for performances. Each group has their own outfit for performance, and every Dance Masala student (from Mini-Masalas and above) needs a 96-page ruled exercise book for theory and something to write with.
- – Parents and guardians are responsible for their and their children’s belongings and valuables at all times, Dance Masala accepts no responsibility for the loss, damage or theft of any belongings of any parent, guardian or child attending classes.
- – Requests for term refunds will only be considered if given with 14 days cancellation notice from the term start date. If approved, a $20 administration fee will be deducted + the fee for any class attended. Bookings cancelled outside of the 14 day period will be indisputably non-refunded.