- This event has passed.
‘Chaka Chak’ Technique Workshop – Level 1.5 Bollywood
Feb 1 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm AEST$30
Join us prior to the Term 1 Course for a Level 1.5 Technique Workshop in-studio and online! This is a must for anyone who does not pick up Drea’s choreo quickly and struggles to do the following techniques with accuracy:
- Footworks: Ball Changes, Dipping, Dipping with Rotating Hip, Leaps, ‘Radha Foot Position Shifts’, Swastikaram Foot Position Dips, Hip Flicks, Hook turns
- Hand/Arm movements of: Diagonals, Alapapma/Lotus Hands, Wrist Rotations, Pataka/Flat Hands, Mushti/Fists,
- Following syncopated musicality
- Isolations done with no repetition e.g. Chest then hip pop
We recommend level 1.5 for those who have prior studio dance experience. Dance technique is the foundation upon which you build dance steps. Bollywood layers hand and arm movements on top of footwork and the technical workshop is a great opportunity for those who are new to dance to focus on just the hands, or just the feet before it is taught in the Choreography Course in combination!
- Technical Workshop: Tuesday 1st of February
- Time: Tuesday 7.00 pm (1-hour class) AEST
- Teacher: Drea
- Price: $30
- Level: Bollywood Level 1.5 (Advanced Beginner – suits dancers with at least 1-year of technical experience)
- Venue: ADC Studio, Fortitude Valley and/or Online via Zoom
- Studio Location: Level 4, 420 Brunswick St, Fortitude Valley (entry via Berwick St, doors are next to the Institute of Modern Art, buzz us at ‘ADC studio’ for entry). This class can also be attended online, streamed from our studio!
- Parking: Street parking is free after 7 pm. Parking is available at 421 Brunswick St (2 hours free, entry via Ivory St).
- Capacity: Minimum numbers are 6 for the class, maximum of 40.
An edited recording of this workshop will be available for purchase following the workshop.