Dance Masala Bollywood kids classes offers your child a complete Bollywood dance education! Classes run on Saturday mornings in Newstead. Our dance syllabus develops well-rounded and confident young dancers. Dance choreography & technique is supplemented by lessons about Indian Culture, the cultural significance of certain dances, plus a strong focus on confidence building & personal development. From Bollywood Dhamaka, Indo-Contemporary, Folk Fusion, Semi-Classical and Bollywood Hip Hop & Robotics – we do it all!
Our program builds upon each child’s skills as they progress through the year, encouraging their growth through progress reports, self-reflection and feedback. We absolutely love kids and want them to shine, while doing something they love. Read more about our teaching ethos here.
Term 4 commences at our venue Common Ground Studios in Newstead on Saturday the 29th of September!
Thumkas age 3.5 – 6 with Nisha | 8:30am – 9:00am | Common Ground Studios, Newstead
Mini-Masalas age 6-7 with Nisha | 9:00am – 10:00am | Common Ground Studios, Newstead
Teens age 13 – 17 with Drea | 10:00am – 11:00am | Common Ground Studios, Newstead
Juniors age 10 – 13 with Drea | 11:00am – 12:00pm | Common Ground Studios, Newstead
Rising Stars age 8-10 with Drea | 12:00pm – 1:00pm | Common Ground Studios, Newstead
About Our Class Levels
No two children are the same. Each child possesses different abilities, and we take this into special consideration when splitting up our classes. While age is a factor in our decision, our main consideration when moving a child up a class is their ability. We do not believe in accelerating a child when they will struggle in a higher class, and, in turn, we do not believe in keeping a child who is excelling in a lower class. Comparison is the enemy of joy, which is why here at Dance Masala we promote an environment in which each child is allowed to progress at their own rate.
2018 Juniors Term Dates
|Term 4||Saturday 29th of Sept – Saturday 1st of Dec||10 weeks|
What to bring:
- – A water bottle
- – Clothes appropriate for dance, if skirts are worn, your child must wear leggings or bike pants underneath, no maxi skirts please – we need to be able to see your child’s alignment.
- – A lined exercise book for theory (applicable to upper levels, from Mini-Masalas – JEP)
- – Pencils, and an eraser
- – Payals are optional if the routine is semi-classical
Venue: Common Ground Studios, 16 Proe Street, Newstead
Check out this amazing performances from The Juniors (age 10-13)!
Mini-Masalas age 6-7
Rising Stars age 8-9
Juniors age 10-13
Teens age 13-17
Terms & Conditions of Payment for Dance Masala Bollywood Kids Classes:
- – Payment is for your child’s nominated class only. All payments are non-refundable and nontransferable. We do not offer credits, or refunds if the student misses class.
- – If Dance Masala (in its absolute discretion) has to cancel a class, you will receive a credit for another class.
- – Parents and guardians are asked to keep a record of their payments and receipts.
- – Dance Masala reserve their right to use substitute instructors in the case of accident or illness (at the same rate).
- – Parents and guardians agree to purchase appropriate costumes and equipment for their child’s group as required for performances. Each group has their own outfit for performance, and every Dance Masala student (from Mini-Masalas and above) needs a 96-page ruled exercise book for theory and something to write with.
- – Parents and guardians are responsible for their and their children’s belongings and valuables at all times, Dance Masala accepts no responsibility for the loss, damage or theft of any belongings of any parent, guardian or child attending classes.
- – Requests for term refunds will only be considered if given with 14 days cancellation notice from the term start date. If approved, a $20 administration fee will be deducted + the fee for any class attended. Bookings canceled outside of the 14 day period will be indisputably non-refunded.