Welcome to our Bollywood/Belly Level 1.5 course on Kusu Kusu! In this pre-recorded course you will learn a full dance choreography to Kusu Kusu and learn many techniques including:
- Belly Dance Based Techniques: chest isolations and circles, hip circles, flat circles, belly shimmy, shoulder shimmy, triple hips, Maya/Taksim, Snake arms, weight changes, the hook step
- Other isolation based techniques: Single hips, pelvic thrusts, moving with quick footworks isolating the head and neck
- Musicality: counting and understanding of textures (hard and soft)
- Hand/Arm movements of: snake arms, arm positions
- Following syncopated musicality
We recommend level 1.5 for those who have prior studio dance experience. Dance technique is the foundation upon which you build dance steps. Bollywood layers hand and arm movements on top of footwork.
We release videos for this class every Monday (AEST) for incremental learning. You will receive a total of 5 tutorial videos videos PLUS 6 technique and warm-ups over 8-weeks!
Video assignments (which are to simply record the choreography or techniques you have learnt) will be submitted on Saturdays via WhatsApp. Feedback will be delivered on Tuesdays. You will receive feedback via WhatsApp voicenote and one annotated and detailed feedback video created specifically for you to improve as a dancer.
You will receive a certificate of completion for this course upon submission of all completed assignments.
- 8 weeks: Start anytime!
- Time: Your class will be emailed to you on Mondays!
- You receive 6 classes however, you have 2 months (8-weeks) to complete the course
- Teacher: Drea
- Price: $75
- Level: Bollywood Level 1.5 (advanced beginner)
- Dancers who successfully complete the course can join in on live performances in 2022 that are offered to our Dance Masala Student Community!